Search This Blog

25 August 2005

An early morning

I've been at work since 6:29 this morning. I officially start at 6:30. Apparently I'm not one for coming early and hanging around. Since arriving at 6:29 and logging in at 6:30, I've answer, ready for this, zero questions. Nothing. Nada. Kaput. I've read the news online. I've eaten my cheese, finished my coffee and nibbled on some sunflower seeds. Nothing work related, but I'm available, therefore I am getting paid. J's here and getting ready to start at 8:30. It's a double edged sword because part of me is nearly giddy with relief just in seeing him and knowing that he's physically close by. The other part feels like I've jammed my thumb in the door of my car because mentally, he may as well be in another country. It sucks out loud.

Yesterday afternoon my sister, my mom and my aunt all went golfing - what an amazing afternoon! The day initially started out rainy and gross, but cleared off for some beautiful sunshine. My game sucked, but it's probably been 4 weeks since I was last out. Neatly enough, it didn't deter my enjoyment of the day, the game or the company in the least. I'm thankful for my family. They're crazy, but we all seem to not only love each other, but downright enjoy each other as well.

I have an important appointment after work today that could, quite possibly, change my outlook on a lot of things about myself. I will be interested in learning how it all pans out. Then it's off to Kent's to purchase paint (red for the living room) and then Ritchie's to pick up the rest of the flooring. I'm looking forward to how things will morph after the weekend. My bedroom really needs cleaned out and purged - not just tidied, but things chucked out completely. How it is that I can gather as much sh... er... crap that I do, well, let's just say it's nearly startling.

On other fronts, I'll be generally relieved when the week is over. I had to file a complaint against an agent two days ago. I see him today for the first time, so it should be atleast interesting. And, this one's funny. Someone, a female, went up to my MOTHER at some point and asked her how she felt about me not wearing underwear. MY MOTHER and her opinion on ME NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR. Mom's reply? Saves on laundry. This is why my mom rocks.

I'm learning the lesson of going through it, not going around it. It's tricky.

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inhereitance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going" Hebrews 11:8

1 comment:

Curious Jane said...

WHo the hell asked about your underwear? OMG! (and your mom does rock)