Search This Blog

28 August 2005

The Quiet of Darkness

The day is done. I'm exhausted, but there's a pleasant breeze passing through reminding me that tired is one thing, relaxed and being thankful for where I am at, at this exact moment, is another. Like taking that deep breath that fills you past your backbone, it's a pleasurable end to a long week. I should recount the ways that I am blessed, but I suspect it would take me well into tomorrow.

I'm thinking about Rahab tonight. I'm not sure why for certain, but she's present on the frontal lobe. She was the prostitute from the Old Testament that hid Joshua's spies. She didn't question what was being asked of her because she simply believed. It seemed in Jonah's day, they all believed. I wonder what happened to us? There was such strength and certainty about her. She stepped up to the plate, doing what needed done. And she was rewarded. She later married an Israealite and moved into the line of David. Funny, eh? A prostitute moving into the line of the Lord. And He loved her. He loved her.

Amazing things are happening and each one of us seems to be stepping out into some unknown, some veiled glory where rights are clear and wrongs get correceted. The final practice before the curtain rises. Aren't we all actors for opening night of the greatest show ever to be told?

I would like to think so.

The girls are coming for coffee in the morning. We're a strange threesome that seem to go together like milk, nestle quick and the spoon for mixing it all up. Or perhaps more like the safety net that helps soften the fall when I dangle upside down on my very own trapeze. Yeah. I think a little more like that.

"So long as we are loved by others I should say that we are almost indispensible; and no man is useless while he has a friend" RL Stevenson

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Ooo ooo ooo, which one am I??? Can I be the Nestle Quick??

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

LOL - ABSOLUTLEY!!! I wondered when you were going to find this! :) Glad you did. Glad you're around. You make my life better.

Curious Jane said...

Fuck - I know I'm the damn spoon.
:P

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

Heck no! I'm the spoon... you're the milk... you know... the *snicker* 'wholesome' part of this trio. I've no problems with being the mixer!
;)

vole you!

Kiki said...

Just think, if it's a wooden spoon you could spank people with it. Now that may or may not be a good thing.