Search This Blog

26 August 2005

The Red Room

I painted my living room tonight - red. But not just any red. It's Sexy Red. It's the Red that you walk into and feel warm and naughty in. You feel sexy in the skin you're in in this room. You know when you walk by a house at night and you can see into the windows? When you go, hey, that looks like a cool room. That's why my living room looks like now.

What's interesting is how I'm beginning to feel a shift in my priorities. Its all so temporary and that's starting to hit home. This is the warm-up.

Thank you for another day. I pray You weren't disappointed.

"This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and greivances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."
George Bernard Shaw

2 comments:

Suz said...

Will you come and paint MY living room red now? ;-) What fun!

I love that Shaw quote. I often struggle with that attitude of entitlement. It seems we all do...
This is a great blog. Keep up the good work!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it, because it's pretty darn cathartic for me! Why is it so much simpler to be so open when nobody knows you?? Oh yeah, because nobody knows you. Sheesh, eh? ;)