Search This Blog

10 September 2005

A Chill in the Air

We're getting into two-blanket weather. The nights are starting to cool down to the point where I wake up and my nose is cold. I love it. There's no better weather to sleep in then when the air is frosty and the bed is warm - it turns into your very own and favourite cocoon. Kind of like camping, but in comfort. :)

I'm giddy tonight. I don't know why, because I'm pooped and I was a cranky turd for the majority of the day at work. But somehow, I'm still giddy - like there's this big bubble of expectation around me. Like Christmas Eve when you're eleven years old. I'm being overwhelmed by grace.

It's a big world out there, and with any luck, I'll get to play in it another day. Grace has been granted and I am humbled. I'm surrounded by a strong family and have friends that can move mountains. May that little bit of knowledge always remind me to be thankful.

The majority of my moments in this life are met with a sheepish grin and a big old "whoops"

"I didn't mean to do that"
"I'm sorry I said that"
"I never meant to hurt you"
"Did you seriously see me do that?"
"Did I seriously do that?"
"Crap"

But every cloud has it's silver lining and the sun eventually, always shines again. These are the moments that I am racing towards.

Lord, You've done a lot for me. You continue to do a lot for me. You will always do a lot for me. And due to the simple fact that there is no way I could ever repay, I offer you all I have - my heart and my thanks. Thank you for this life. Thanks for having a sense of humour.

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action: be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you...for you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God..." 1 Peter 1:13...23

Be encouraged. You are beautiful. :)


"May you live all the days of your life" Jonathan Swift

1 comment:

Smarts said...

Hmmm. That didn't sound like a KJV reference. I'm gonna tell Da-ad!