Search This Blog

05 September 2005

A night at the FREX

I haven't been in years. Mom and dad were never big exhibition goers, so it was never a 'thing to do' in our household. But I had a good time tonight. A really good time, actually. :) And just for the record, CJ - I understand the dippy dogs now. The maple syrup makes them rock outloud!!

Kiki and I went and watched the horses. A fellow from over home has Perchrons (spelling? - they're big ole black workhorses), so we watched them show and then the dress up. It was nice because it was something that we understood from growing up. We seen several folks from over home. I guess it was just nice to know that it was a crowd that you'd never get lost in. Oh yeah, and now I want to marry a cowboy. We ate french fries and dippy dogs, and then had frozen bananas dipped in chocolate.... which, as soon as they were in hand, you had the need to be perverse. I think that if there were no children milling about, Kiki probably would have deep throated the damn thing. Surprisingly enought it was a little bland tasting, which in no way, shape or form deterred me from eating it. It really did look like that, and based on that alone, I did need to eat the whole thing. We wandered through the quilts, the homemade preserves and pies and fresh baked bread. We checked out that 875 lb pumpkin. I loved that people still took the time to do these things... to make preserves and bake bread and grow elephant-sized vegetables.

Tomorrow's a busy day, so I think I'll head to bed. I'm afraid that's there's been no struggles today, no mystifying actions, no debolicle plans. It was just a nice lazy day. I was glad to get out and enjoy it.

sleep tight

ms d

"Develop interests in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself."
Henry Miller (1891-1980)

4 comments:

Potor said...

It is blaspheme to speak ill of frozen bananas, the greatest carnival/amusement park food of all time. Or perhaps churros. Oh, and I forgot nachos.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

Oh great Carni Food Purist... what's a churro??

Potor said...

OMG, Youve never had Churros ! I guess they dont have them in Canada, but they are aa amusement park staple here in the Western US.

Smarts said...

ummm... it's wednesday. please update.