Search This Blog

07 October 2005

A Continuation


continued...

16) I love ceasars - and not the salads. But the deliciously spicey ones that make me laugh too loud and talk too much. Even better when they have spicey beans.

17) My entire adult life has been built around the premise of change. And change scares the hell out of me. But I'm pretty good at it.

18) I take a lot of things to heart - way more than is probably healthy. J once told me that he was embarrassed to be seen with me because I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

19) I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. So fuck you.

20) I believe that God is good. I believe in all those things the bible told me about. I cry when my dad preaches because it was breathed life in grace.

21) One of the greatest humbling things of all times for me is to know that my dad prays every day for me. My mom loves me out loud. My dad loves me a little more quietly. They both help me move mountains.

22) I told PC that I wouldn't fall in love with him anytime soon because all of his other girlfriends had fallen in love so quickly. I'll never admit it outloud, but with the way that he treats me, I completely understand why they do.

23) I love rough hands on a man. I feel safe when I know that you are capable of fixing things.

24) I still act out scenarios in my head exactly like I did when I was 17. I always premeditate the conversation long before it begins.

25) I am rarely right in that premeditation.

26) It terrifies me to be honest with someone because I always think they'll leave. My history has shown itself that when I am honest, the important ones stick around.

27) Music moves me. It enters inside of me and takes over completely and says exactly, verbatim, everything that I could never say without a melody.

30) No matter how rotten it can sometimes seem to be, I secretly hope to get married and have a baby.

31) Hugs fix a lot of things for me.

32) With all vanity aside, sometimes I scare myself with what I know that I am capable of. I think we're all like that. I hope you embrace it. I'm working on it.

It's 23:50 (11:50pm). Time for bed.

night all

ms d

"When we begin to take our failures non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves."

Katherine Mansfield (1888-1923)

2 comments:

Potor said...

#18 – HO-LY-CRAP (over a jeans and a t-shirt?)
#24 – lol, good for you.
#26 - "I say puke. If you hurl and she comes back, she's yours.
If you blow chunks and she bolts, then it was never meant to be." – Wayne Campbell

Curious Jane said...

I love you Ms D!

And you don't need to secretly want to be married and have kids. Don't ever hold back on what you want just because some of what we have didn't turn out right.

(((((((hugs)))))))