Search This Blog

24 October 2005

The Unknown

Welcome to my hair. I'll not post a picture until after all is said and done. Tomorrow it may be short based on the simple fact that I fried it the hell off of my own head. There is a distinct possibility that I am killing my hair as I type. I always liked to think of myself as a multi-tasker.

But, as much as I hate to admit it, the ol' blonde roots are growing in. I can't even fake the damn things because, there they are - right out there in all their blonde root-ness. I've seen my hair crumble at the touch, yet still I press on - unsure of if I'm paving the way for other colouring mavericks, or simply following in the footsteps of all those peroxide queens that have forged the trail. I will never question. I will keep pressing onward and upward, towards those colours that they said never existed. Yeah. Right.

So here on the nubin ball we sit, waiting for our appropriate 20 minutes and refusing to look into a mirror until the towel has been lifted from the tossling dry. It's kind of like a game - like the christmas present that you've been wanting to shake, but not really wanting to shake in fear that you might actually guess and then there would be no surprise.

Wow. Did I just write that? It's a bloody hair colour. Worse case scenario says that I go dark again. Sheesh. Drama Queen.

Kiki and the Hot One were on TV tonight - man they looked good! CJ and I watched them on her big screen, ate popcorn and giggled. What an amazing job they did! When I was driving home all I could think was that, tonight, my dearest and closest friends totally made it look like we had our shit together.

Gawd this life is good.

"I want to be thoroughly used up when I die... Life is no brief candle to me. It's a sort of splendid torch which I've got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it to future generations"

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

5 comments:

Suz said...

Wow. Good luck, girl!

This life IS good.

Curious Jane said...

TELL ME that the box of haircolor I gave you did not fuck up your hair! no non onononnonononoonon!

NO!

Potor said...

Blue. I say go for blue.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I think it worked! I'm not green (which is a big deal) and my hair isn't falling out - AND (it's a BIG and!)it appears to have completed the job it was set out to do! Tonight (not this morning, because I look like H E Double Hockey Sticks *snicker*. Ok, I actually look like shit, and since we are all secure in my own personal vanity, I will not be posting until tonight :)

ms d

Curious Jane said...

POST PIC POST PIC!!