Search This Blog

12 December 2005

Early Monday Afternoon

I know, I've been MIA for a few days now, but I've got stories!! And no, they're not sexcapades, just stories. The warm-your-heart-and-make-you-feel-good kind - Or atleast make you snicker a bit :)

But I need pictures before I can post. I will have pictures by Wednesday.

However, in the meantime...

What would do you do with a kid who, is in grade five, from Saudi Arabia, can barely speak a lick of english, strolls into your tutoring session and has cotton balls glued to his chin and upper lip and proceeds with the infamous line of "Ho Ho Ho - Mahwy Klisthmus!!" with more animation than most people could muster in a lifetime of starch?

If you were me, you'd laugh. Until you had tears in your eyes. And then you would laugh even harder when he protruded his lips and wiggled them around, Honeymooners style.

It creates in me a great need and desire to glue cottonballs to my own lips and chin and stroll around in public. More people need to laugh until they cry - it's highly cathartic. Gawd I can't wait to be a teacher.


Amoung those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but amoung those I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.

WH Auden (1907-1973)

3 comments:

Smarts said...

I will be here for you when you get that first class of little fuckers you just want to kill...and you will!

:D

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

*chuckling*

perfect! Maybe I'll glue the cottonballs in their mouths!
;)

Smarts said...

LOL