Search This Blog

22 December 2005

Lessons

As I was driving into the city this morning there was a sullen sense of pride in me. There was an occassion that I was rising to, even though I didn't want to. I sucked it up and did what needed to be done. I grumbled for a long time before I did it, but understood that it probably needed to be done even though I felt there were really selfish reasons behind it - reasons that weren't my own.

But I learned a lesson from it all. I learned that sometimes our most selfish decisions sometimes work out to be the greatest blessings in someone else's life. And I may not even know their name. It was a lesson that may not necessarily make me a better person, but I do believe that it may just have made me a little more whole.

So as I sit here and have a little cry of happy tears, I'm reminded that even though Christmas is full of commercial hoorah that nearly chokes us all, there's still this underlying spirit that somehow springs to life in each of us, despite ourselves. Atleast it does in me and those around. And I'm really thankful.

Merry Christmas, my Friends - May you enjoy good food and share many a bottle of wine. May you hug strongly and life-giving. May you laugh out loud until your side hurts and you perhaps even pee a little. After all, 'Tis the Season.

:)

Love and Sunshine, Laughter and Life

ms d
xoxo

2 comments:

bloggomatique said...

That's all well and good, but what happened? What if you took the wrong lesson from this enigmatic experience? Can't we have some of the facts of the case? Thoreau! Listen to Thoreau!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

Nope, definately confident in the right lesson taken away - I'm being cocky this time, but for good reasons :)