Search This Blog

06 December 2005

Rising with Grace

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Neil Gaiman, English born American Author of the The Sandman, b. 1960.
Usually I end with a quote, but this seemed to sum quite a bit up without me rambling on around it. It came from one of those buried treasures.

3 comments:

Jeni Paij said...

Thank you for noticing me...I was feeling a bit lonely out here in Cyberspace until I received your messages and saw all the wonderful things you've written and linked to...I feel quite honored. -Paij

Bridget said...

Wow. Thank you for the link and the quote. This is one of the reasons I teach my children at home!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I've been very much enjoying your site, Paige - I hope you continue and don't mind a few of us peering in!! :)