Search This Blog

08 December 2005

Text Msgs

This morning was my first exam. I can't tell you how I made out because right now I'm just not sure. All I know is that I went in and my brain threw up on a bunch of little booklets that had University of New Brunswick strewn across the top of them. I was in the right place at the right time. With any luck, that little tidbit will work to my advantage. In fear and trepidation I sent the following text message before leaving the house:

I'm off! Wish me luck!

Upon my arrival home, I noticed that I had a text waiting for me:

LUCK! I don't know what I'm sending it out for, but go KICK SOME ASS!!

I think that's fairly cool. She didn't know what I was doing, but she told me to kick some ass. That folks, is friendship. I like it. I think I'll keep her.

Dad and oldest nephew stopped in for a few minutes en route to a hockey tournament down along the border. They're pretty cute going together. I confess that dad's probably one of the coolest grandfathers going.

I'm posting a picture of my shirt. The front of it says "Do you Enjoy all Nighters?" The back is an advertisement for a pancake house. I get a lot of reactions when I wear this out in public and they're most funny because, usually, I forget that I'm wearing it. One dear old soul went by and turned up his nose and said "no. I do not enjoy all nighters, thank you very much". I'm pretty sure he wanted to 'harumph' in there if he thought he could make the proper sound. I crossed the street downtown and a truck drove by, blew the horn and gave me a big thumbs up and smile. Mom says I'm too old to wear it, yet too young to be sleeping over at PC's. I snicker and bite my tongue, refusing to point out that there's probably a direct correlation between the two.

;)

I wonder if my kids will insist in torturing the shit out of me as I do my own mother? We're shopping all day tomorrow. I'll let you know monday morning if I've been disowned.

We're all here for a spell. Get all the good laughs you can.

Will Rogers (1879-1935)

2 comments:

Smarts said...

Here's to forgetting the kind of luck any of us have on any given day and just going out and KICKING SOME ASS.

Bridget said...

You don't need luck, you're doing great! Keep it up, hope you make it to Christmas break unscathed and undistracted!