Search This Blog

22 February 2006

My arse hurts. PC's buddy picked me up today with his two kids and the four of us went skating, and before anyone's eyebrows skyrocket into their hairline, said buddy's wife was well aware of my presence at said rink. And there were kids everywhere. And I mean E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Think along the lines of an infestation. An infestation of rugrats. But it was fun. I'm glad it only lasted an hour.

Smarts is getting excited about life again, which I can't blame her. We used to be a fairly invincible combination and then she bought a house and I went back to university - two very difinitive steps in reversing invincibility. But the end is in sight! Everynow and then I catch myself looking around and going WTF?? How in the hell did I get here? Those moments pass, retreating into dark shadows, but do, on occassion, coming running out to bite you in the ass when you really don't need it. But finally we got our feet moving.

I just worked out a scheme to finish school a year earlier than anticipated. It's going to be tough - mentally exhausting, but I think if I kept things the way they were and kept going at the present pace, it would kill me. I can have a rest following exhaustion. I can't do much following death - it's a little more cut and dried.

And local news of the week says that I'm moving into PC's house, which I am pleased to announce is true! I'm pretty excited because it was a big, huge, holy crap kind of decision for me. Even though he's 3000 miles away for a good chunk of the year, I will still be there when he comes home. And my shit is everywhere. Kiki called tonight and said "Ooooo! I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees what you've done to the place!". Thankfully I'm good in bed so he overlooks a few details about home renovations. I think so long as I keep it standing on the inside and don't knock out any important walls, well, then it should be just fine. We've also been talking about buying a condo in the place where he is now. From the looks of things I'll be heading out as soon as I'm done school (1 year!! *insert squeel of delight*) and we'll have our own place to be. It's a decision still on the decision making table. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm supposed to go out at the end of April, so we'll play it by ear.

The 'mos and I had supper tonight at Frank's Finer Diner - the only place in town where they wear poodle skirts and bobbie socks. Our waiter had on jeans and a t-shirt and the boys thought that he was miiighty fine. Mmmmmhmmmmm. My homos are shameless. Like rogue pubic hairs caught in the shower doors, you rarely know where their loyalties lie.

My bedroom is a shithole right now. I've been doing so well with keeping it clean and clothes hung up, but tonight is so bad that I came in, turned on my light, looked around, turned my light back off, sat down at my desk. Everything looks cleaner without the lights on. Like naked bodies by the light of the moon, things just look a whole lot better in the shadows.

The maintenance guy is coming tomorrow to fix our shower. Each morning when we get into it (not together), a little more of the back wall falls down the drain. It will probably be the same morning that I run out of coffee and the hotwater tank goes on the fritz in the middle of shampooing my hair, that I will probably make one wrong move and actually land in the living room, beside the rocking chair, just on the other side of the rotting wall. We're also getting the duck tape that is around the pipe work on the bathroom sink either a) changed or b) actually fixed. Either or is fine with me.

I'm tired tonight, but I'm satisfied. I'm satisfied with everything around me in a way that I can't really explain, because nothing has changed on the outside; however, it all changed in my mind. And sometimes in my mind seems to be the great and lofty battle.

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

jane austin

No comments: