Search This Blog

09 February 2006

Rareties and B-sides

In light that I have a midterm tomorrow morning at 930am, I've decided to list 10 statements about myself that is probably devestatingly important to absolutely no one. But it's either this or study. You see my point.

1) If I could meet one person, living or dead, I would choose Steve Martin.

2) I've had a couple of articles published in outdoor magazines. Neither one was Reader's Digest.

3) This one makes me laugh, but I've actually had my IQ professionally tested (whatever that means) and my 'verbal' is 160. I know. It makes me question the system too.

4) I was in a car accident 9 years ago that I 'walked' away from. The other girl was in the hospital for a month and is ok now. I tend to feast on Advil a little more than is probably best.

5) Fiona Apple's Tidal is probably one of my all time favourite albums.

6) Kiki and I once drove around the capital city in her Malibu and pretended that paparazzi were after us. We ate cheezies and drank diet coke whilst being pursued. It was a Tuesday night.

7) If I were to ever pick a mantra it would be "freedom isn't freedom without responsibility". Sometimes I wish it were "Fuck you and put it in drive!" But it's not, and deep down, I'm ok with that.

8) I've looked someone in the eye and lied to them without flinching. It's important to note that at that exact moment, the truth really had nothing to do with anything, but how they came away from that conversation had everything to do with it all.

9) I secretly hope that my roommate deepfries everything he eats and gets fat. Actually, I think I said it out loud the other night. Oops.

10) I bought scalped tickets to see Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds in an acoustic session at the University of Rhode Island. I wished people could have just shut up and sat in awe. I still enjoyed the show.


What is the use of acquiring one's heart's desire if one cannot handle and gloat over it, show it to one's friends, and gather an anthology of envy and admiration?

Dorothy L. Sayers

4 comments:

'Thought & Humor' said...

.
If I could speak in any
language in heaven or
on earth but didn't love
others, I would only be
making meaningless noise
like a loud gong or a
clanging cymbal. If I
had the gift of prophecy,
and if I knew all the
mysteries of the future
and knew everything
about everything, but
didn't love others, what
good would I be? And
if I had the gift of faith
so that I could speak
to a mountain and make
it move, without love
I would be no good to
anybody. If I gave
everything I have to
the poor and even
sacrificed my body,
I could boast about it;
but if I didn't love others,
I would be of no value
whatsoever. Love is
patient and kind. Love
is not jealous or boastful
or proud or rude. Love
does not demand its
own way. Love is not
irritable, and it keeps
no record of when it
has been wronged.
It is never glad about
injustice but rejoices
whenever the truth
wins out. Love never
gives up, never loses
faith, is always hopeful,
and endures through
every circumstance.

May You Always
Experience This
Kind Of Love,
Dr. Howdy

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

thank you, Dr. Howdy.

Now how did you get passed word verify?

ccaptious said...

And the prize for best ever blog comment goes to... Dr Howdy!

Bridget said...

#8 is really spooky, but spookier is Dr. Howdy! Great entry Ms. D!