Search This Blog

27 March 2006

Finally

I'm finally getting my proverbial feet under me. Or at the very least getting close. Freedom from this school term is nearly tangible, and the instant that I am able to touch it, it will disappear only to introduce its successor: intercession. Ah well. One year closer.

It's been a good day - it's Monday. It's the due date for a major project. It's the beginning of a dreadfully packed week. But it's still been a good day. I brought up one of my course marks. I finished a project. I sat in the sunshine. I drank more water than coffee. I had a steak with some broccoli on the side. I finished my day with chocolate. The universe has been more than kind to me. I laughed. I made decisions. I made it through. And tomorrow I meet with my new student that I had mentioned previously. And I'm excited. Perhaps I should finish that statement with an !, but it's so much more than that. It's a process that will be trying sometimes. It's a process that will have magnificent milestones. It's something that, no matter what, will continue to grow the smile on my face. We are beginning the work to lay a solid foundation. So I've gathered up books and lessons and printed pictures with words underneath, and all the while I find myself nervous... a good nervous... a kind that requires the very best from me. Like I said, it's pretty exciting.

PC called me last night and everything important was spoken with an "us". Not a "him", or "you" or "me", but "us". I am in love. By every indication in previous lives, I was absolutely certain that I had been in love before. I was previously left with the idyllic knowledge that I knew what was happening at that particular ball game. I remember people saying that when it was real, I would know, I would know without hesitation or question. That was the part that I had been missing. It's comforting to know that it's not missing now. It's nice to know that he thinks I'm the cat's ass. Because, you know, I am.

I would love to speak a foreign language, but I can't. So I grew hair under my arms instead.

Sue Kolinsky

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Love is glorious.