Search This Blog

13 March 2006

I did it.

I started a savings account. And what I mean when I say that I started a savings account is that I took a pickle jar, carved a hole in the lid, cleaned my room, threw every piece of change that was floating around into it, a ten dollar bill and all my Canadian Tire money. I started a savings account.
Now, laugh if you must, but you have to understand the relationship that money and I have. We really like each other, love to hang out, but we rarely hang on to one another for extended periods of time.
I'm sure you're all thinking, well Andrea, all you must do is unscrew the top and Voila, there's yer buddy! But A HA! That's where the foil-proof plan comes into play. I duck-taped it. In fact, I'm actually wondering if, when it comes time to go to New York (purpose of said savings account) if I'll actually be able to get into it. Trust me, it's taped good. Red Green would be proud. In fact, I would dare say that he would call me one of his own.
So folks, this is my test. I am trying to put a measley $20 a week away. But this is no easy undertaking for me. Nope, this is way tough. But my pickle jar is looking me square in the eye with a big ole post-it note on it that says "New York" in bright red letters.

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

6 comments:

Fenn said...

so i take you're a two dollar millionaire too?! lol

Bridget said...

I'm so proud of you!

Smarts said...

very inspiring. i might just have to steal this idear.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I am so tickled to report that I have deposited another $20 into the IBB (Impenatrable Beet Bottle)!

Jeni Paij said...

Brilliant!

Broken Angel said...

We got to fly back east to see family on our last big savings-jar.
It's been a little harder keeping out of this one though...frapp season and all...;)