Search This Blog

05 March 2006



I'm nearly finished another quilt - one completed in record time. The edges need finished and I'd like them done with a sewing (I initially typed 'swearing', which, in my case, would also work) machine because the edging is thicker than normal and my poor old quilting finger, calloused as it is, can't quite handle that much. I have a sewing (swearing) machine, but I've no idea how to use the darn thing without a) maiming it in serious ways b) swearing c) defiling the initial joy that I get in making said quilts. So on Tuesday we're taking it to mom's so she can swear it (no typo).

My quilting group, or my 'overseerers' as I like to refer to them, are a group of english ladies that came to Canada as war brides. Honestly, I don't think that there's a more interesting way to spend an afternoon than with them. They get a kick out of the fact that I learned to quilt from many an afternoon of making fish nets. And not the stockings. :)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Nice job! Wow! I love the clifford fabric. Those ladies sound like they're a fun crowd too!

Fenn said...

love the clifford blanket!

ps. my baby is due june 04th :)

Jeni Paij said...

These are wonderful! What talent, use of color, and composition--They are works of Art! - PA