Search This Blog

01 March 2006

Untitled Joy

Obviously I am incapable of straying from Ye Olde Blogger. Ah well, I'm sure there are worse things. It's been a very good day. Satisfying. Real. Tangible. It's been one of those days when you sit down to watch the evening news and you say to no one in particular: "you know, it's been a really good day." Let me tell you why.

1) I got my taxes done.

2) I got just over $2000 back.

3) I paid off my car. Allow me to repeat: I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!!!!!!! 4 months early. I paid the damn thing off 4 months early.

4) I needed new pants (teacher pants) so I went to a store where I thought I could get a good pair of washable cords. I succeeded. They were regularly $50. They were on sale for $19.99. There was 50% off of that. They were just over $11 dollars, taxes included.

5) I deposited $500 onto my LOC. Presently all my banks really like me. When I strolled in everyone was standing around - it's one of those places where they know me by name (call me Norm). They said "Ms. D! What are you smiling about?" "I paid off my car! And it's the closest thing that I've had to an orgasm in a while!". They laughed. A few women mentioned that they thought they may go pay off their cars too.

6) I paid off my car and it was the closest thing I've had to an orgasm in..... 8 WEEKS!!! I wrote PC a letter last week and informed him that he owed me 52 times at last count. He's supposed to be home around the beginning of April. I really hope that a week is long enough.

7) I bought new Blundstones. If you're not sure what they are, they're right up there with paying off your car early, except for your feet. You may not like the look of them, but once you slide these bad boys on your feet.... WOOOWEE. See remarks about paying off your car.

8) I got vitamins and hair conditioner - two pertinent items I've been putting off since being, well, poor.

Needless to say, my load has been lightened. With $332 less a month going out... well, I guess it will still be going out, but just into different places! Atlas swooped in to give me a hand holding up my world.

*phew*

So how about ya'lls day? Good, Bad or Indecent?


"There are people who have money and people who are rich."

Coco Chanel

8 comments:

Smarts said...

I thought I was having a great day but I guess everything is relative.

Smarts said...

Very happy for you by the way.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

Oh yeah - and I got a new purse and a Jack Johnson CD!

Curious Jane said...

Totally regretting not being able to hang with you today! But Friday's dinner and crafting at the Cafe is booked. I can't wait to go. It'll be one day less THREE WEEKS since I've seen you! And in 3 days it's been a MONTH since I've seen Kiki! Woa. Girls this hermit lifestyle is good for getting work done, but blows otherwise!
thrilled about your car!! YES!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I know! I'm so excited about Friday night - I hope they have falafal on the menu....mmmmmmmmmm!!! And FINALLY I get to go to Clay Cafe!

T'will be a good night to gab!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I know kiki's been swamped - she informed me yesterday that she ignored my calls because she knew I was 'up to no good'.

sheesh.

Fenn said...

now who says money can't buy happiness? momentary happiness but happiness none the less!

Bridget said...

Ah, a nice little cash infusion is good! Did you telefile? We had our refund on Feb.24-new record!

Now off to look at the blundstones-never heard of them.

Congrats on financial peace of mind, and hugs because I love it when my east coast girls sound so happy!