Search This Blog

07 May 2006

A Change in the Wind

I knew it was going to be a year of change. In fact, I remember sitting down on more than one occassion, with more than one person, specifically saying "you know, I have this feeling that it's going to be a big year with big change". Keeping in mind of not counting one's chickens before they hatch, I would dare say that my predictions haven't been far of the mark. A change she is a brewin'.

The weekend in Halifax was perfect. In fact, I would dare chance to say that it was probably one of the best visits that my sister and I have had in quite some time. Which was probably pretty good considering there's a good chance that she and the hubster are heading west. And apparently I'm to help mom finish a cover letter so that she can move to a town that would be 150kms north of where Ang would be. I'm assuming she's taking dad. And it looks like my brother is buy a house somewhere over there... and that's the best that I can describe, but I'm pointing with my left hand towards the NW wall of my bedroom. I hope that helps.

So that leaves me here. And I have to tell you that it's a pretty weird sensation because it's me that's usually on the move. It's strange to be sitting still. I guess I'm still moving... working... puttering along... something. Just right now it feels strangely like sitting still.

To think that the first full week of May is under our belts and already the world is topsy-turvy. It's like one of those things that, even with hindsight you never saw most of it coming. I'm glad because I'm not sure how I would have reacted with it all. I guess sometimes it's good just to let life happen.

Do you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.

Sue Murphy

1 comment:

Broken Angel said...

You could always come to the coast with them, it's always beautiful here. ;)