Search This Blog

17 May 2006

Laundry Basket Travellers

The women in my family travel in laundry baskets. We lovingly pack out plastic, topless, perforacted suitcase with care and gingerly place it in the backseat of whichever vehicle we are travelling in to whatever destination.

The journey to New York is going tricky.

But we'll cross that bridge when we arrive. Or else we'll truck underneath it, swim whatever currents, and drag that damn basket behind us.

In the meantime, I am officially packed. My dresser is empty, my closest is bare, save except for a few random sweaters. My shoes are packed. My desk is cleared off. The phone's being connected over at the house on Friday.

Oh yeah, and I bought new curtains. :D

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Judy Garland

7 comments:

Potor said...

So you are one of THOSE, huh?

:)

Jeni Paij said...

I love this quote! - PA

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

I am TOTALLY one of THOSE!

Jen said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Laundry baskets in the trunk are great for grocery shopping, so the cans don't go flying out of the bag on the drive home, and you have to wedge your entire body into the trunk to retrieve the string beans. Am I the only one that has that problem? I may just have a lead foot, I don't know.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

When PC and I took my new Bug down to show mom and dad, we were standing outside and marvelling at how small it was. I wondered what in the world would ever fit into the trunk at the front and mom quickly replied: "A basket of clothes!"

Broken Angel said...

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only person in the world who travels and uses laundry baskets. I have like five of them! Though I mostly prefer the traditional rectangular shaped kind, the smaller round ones can be quite handy too. In a pinch, they can also make handy tables, tv and stereo stands,and have many other and varied uses.If you buy them in cool funky colours, they can be art-deco uber-cool furniture. ;)A

Fenn said...

the good ol'laundry basket! i usually use them to sort and cart around christmas presents and to pack food when going to a gathering.