Search This Blog

19 June 2006

Hot and Dirty

It's what I am. Hot and dirty. And in no way, shape or form is it anything remotely sexual. In fact, throw in several bug bites just for a little more emphasis.

The week has been big and changing, demanding, exhausting, hilarious, worrisome, exhuberant, frightening. I have gone to bed late and risen far earlier than I ever imagined possible. I have woken and walked down the hall to listen for breathing. I have bathed and cooked and sat and listened. I have felt like a mother and a child all at once. And I don't think I'll come away from this experience the same way that I entered into it. I think that's cool.

My nephew just messaged me to tell me about his weekend. Apparently he and two buddies, took one buddy's guitar and big amps and cranked it up as high as it would go. The other buddy stood in front of it for five minutes and managed to gain a cowlick from the force of their musical interlude. There is something inherently special about 14 year old boys.


Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Benjamin Franklin

4 comments:

Potor said...

14 year old boys are "special"

Potor said...

Ok, after reading my comment I realize it sounds creepy.

I meant special in a short bus kind of way, not special in a Michael Jackson way.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

*snickering*

mmhmmmm....

Bridget said...

It took you four minutes to decide that was creepy-sounding, Potor?

LOL

I love the range of emotions you described here, Ms. D. So very full.