Search This Blog

22 June 2006

If you've never visited here, you probably should, because it's usually spot on. It was actually a perfect near-ending to my day. As everyone has seen by now, and I will save you all the re-iterations of my laments, it's been a big week. Grampie went back home, content to feed his hummingbirds and tend to his garden... or at the very least, sit in the chair and watch it under the shade of a big pine tree. My newphews came and stayed the night with me last night. My sister-in-law arrived this afternoon. Mom and dad came for dinner. Now everyone is gone and the house is quite. I'm enjoying myself and the quiet.

I love Amazing Grace. I think it's one of the best songs, hymns, melodies, whatever you want to call it, ever. To hear it played acoustically on the bass was music to my soul, that unbeknownst to myself, was starving for such as that. I dug out some old tunes that I used to listen to a long time ago. Funny too, because last night I layed in bed and just prayed. It had been a long time, and as far as I know, I was fairly rusty at it. But I got it out and layed it out on the table. There's a lot of change happening within our family, and I guess a lot in me. Sometimes I think I should have been a lighthouse, standing on the rocky shore and looking out at the horizon, waiting for something to happen. Right now I'm more inclined to just hold on and let the storm blow in, around, through, and beyond. It's all good. Anyways, I prayed. I don't know where it got me, but I thought about it for a long time. You can't taste it, touch it or see it. It was right there. In me. An illusion? Did I just see what I want to see? Who knows? Doesn't really matter anyways because I think I still get hung up on the details of making it just right. Some days I feel like I'm still waiting to come alive. Other days I feel like I'm living like there's no tomorrow.

I went to Northwest Baptist College in Langley, BC in 1996. It's now a seminary and dad was always disappointed that they didn't use the King James Version. I last longer than some thought I would, less time than others believed. I only broke a few significant rules. I only got mildly frustrated with the heirarchy we put on things. I only failed one class. But I learned a lot of other stuff... some I've held on to, some I've let go. I guess that's just the process of growing up. Ten years goes by pretty fast. Funny to think about where you thought you would end up at.

I just found out that a league is equivalent to 3 miles, or 4.8 km's. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is quite a ways down there. I suspect that the fish with built in flashlights live there.

When you prayest, rather let they heart be without words than thy words without heart.

John Bunyan

2 comments:

Potor said...

He meant 20,000 leagues WHILE under the sea, not 20,000 leagues DOWN under the sea.

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

nitpicker.