Search This Blog

05 August 2006

The Crack of Stupid

So we're leaving tomorrow. Early. At the crack of stupid. It really is a painful time of day, and I'm still not putting money on the fact that Peter may not leave me in Thunder Bay. Trust me, if you've never been to Thunder Bay, it's not a place one would appreciate getting left. In fact, I would dare say that it would suck positively outloud.

It's hard to believe that two weeks have gone by since Peter's been home and a week since I finished class. Everytime I walk by something large enough for me to lie, sit or lean on, I seem to be asleep. He figures I'll pretty much be a useless tool in the driving department. I can't seem to dispute his reasoning considering I fell asleep driving into Fredericton just last night. And it's 35 minutes away. It would probably be way less worse if I didn't drool. Highly unsexy.

Needless to say I'm procrastinating. I know, I know, everyone take a moment to digest that little tidbit. But I am. I don't want to scrub the floor, but it needs done. I don't want to do the dishes, but I want to deal less with mould when I come home. But I am excited to meet a man about a hatchery.

I stopped into the store that I worked at when I was in highschool. The owner is a bit of an icon to me and has been in business for 30 years as of last month. He's closing his doors at the end of this month and I was surprised at just how sad I was by the news. I was shocked, but he said I shouldn't be. Funny how things become such stand-bys in your life without you even really being aware. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not it was a better thing for me to not know well in advance. I'll tell you one thing, though. The owner is a good man. And he's always been a good man. Honest, upright, and will look you in the eye and tell you the truth, even if it sucks. We need more people like that. I was reading something the other day... a "moral will" that the Purdue Chicken Guy made out for his grandchildren: Be someone worthy of other peoples trust. I was struck by how simple and important it was. Simply important. It made me stop and think and act with more care.

Peter just came and got the vacuum cleaner. I'm sure he's going to use it as soon as Orange County Choppers is over. He also just told me that if I paint one more room, it's over. Don't worry, he doesn't mean it. It's almost kind of funny with how much he loves me. He keeps telling me that my christmas gift is going to cost a couple of thousand dollars. He won't tell me what it is other than they're asking for 20% down and he has six months to pay. I have verified that it is neither a new snowblower nor a ride-on lawn mower. Although I don't know how sad I'd be about the mower. It's a big yard.

"Seamed stockings aren't subtle but they certainly do the job."

Cynthia Heimel

4 comments:

Gia said...

Have a fantabulous time out west! Don't forget to come back!

Ms Dare2dv8 said...

Scout's Honour!!!

:D

Potor said...

Hmm, what could it be?

Have a good trip. I expect pictures.

Jeni Paij said...

Sometimes, Andrea, you just make me smile when I need it most...