Search This Blog

15 September 2006

Today I joined the Y. I haven't had a gym membership in years and I'm excited about everything it offers. It will be a good step forward and a smart move heading into the fall. I also ate a shrimp ring the other night, believing that I was in love with shrimp. What I discovered while eating the shrimp ring was that it was actually the sauce that I was all about.

"Be mysterious, I told myself. I'd been going after that laughing-on-the-outside, crying-on-the-inside look for a while. It all had to do with the eyes and the mouth and certain pauses in your speech. It's kind of tragic and romantic. I wasn't very good at it but I liked the bullshit bravado of it, you know, the effort of trying to cover something up and show it at the same time."

Nomi

No comments: