Search This Blog

14 November 2006

I am...

I am tired. But that happens when you're trying to hold it together. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I let go. I would laugh more. Maybe tomorrow. I pretend that I can fly. I worry about not getting "that" done. I'm not sure what "that" is, but there's a lot of it. I forget that life is made up of more than "that". So "that" looks pretty inconsequential. I understand that I am not always wrong, but sometimes I'm misunderstood. And being right isn't always great. I get that life rarely works like I expect it to. That's not always so bad. I'm good at keeping my feet on the ground and my head in the clouds. I like to think there's a healthy balance but sometimes the scales tip, to which side, I'm not sure.

But that's ok.


To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.

William Henry Channing

No comments: