Search This Blog

16 November 2008

Time is gone. Three weeks ago I had six left. Now I have three and I feel rather like the monkeys that fell out of bed. I finished a four and a half hour drive in a deluge of water and wind warning from Halifax to here about four and a half hours ago. And upon some careful consideration, have decided that I have been fortunate to have been crying / welling up / sniffling / avoiding conversation since about 11am. Why, you may ask? Because I was at the home of my dearest friend for the weekend... and I had to say see-ya-later without a specific reference as to when that would exactly be. There is just something that one cannot put one's finger on or find the perfect words to describe a relationship that one has with another, unless you have been in one yourself. She was right when she said we should have married one another instead of the ones that we did. But since both of us prefer hard wood over carpet, I supose our seemingly senseless decisions have made sense on some plain.

It's pretty neat to know that you are each other's light house, guiding through the storms... and encouraging one another to not hang back but rather go surf the big waves. You're right... it was goodbye... but only to that chapter. And let's face it... we've got ourselves one hell of a book without being anywhere near the end!

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."
C.S. Lewis

No comments: