Search This Blog

19 October 2009

I seriously had no idea it had been so long.  Seriously.  And holy shit it's nearly the end of October and here I am thinking that it had been only a couple or three weeks since the end of August.  Interesting how time makes its move and completely sneaks out the backdoor, only to slam it and bring you out of a relverie. 

Finally I am nearing the end of being pregnant.  I'm tired.  Really tired.  Like get this child the fuck out of me and let me sleep for atleast a week preferably ten days kind of tired.  But it's all good... because it has to be... because this kid can't come for atleast another 3 weeks (unless I miraculously get my shit together in the next 4 days... doubtful).  But we are having a little girl... which I have to say I'm quite excited about.  The ultrasound tech said "it looks more like a hamburger than a hotdog"... and frankly I'm still laughing.  Peter doesn't know, nor does facebook, so it's probably best.  She weighs about 4 1/2 lbs and I figure another 4 weeks or so and I'll get to meet her... and her name will be Sarah Adelaide... and we'll probably nickname her Sadie and somehow, somewhere along the way I've become so content with my life that I don't even really have words to describe it other than it's a bit like being in a canoe with a good friend on a familiar river that drifts you along in the sunshine and not once do you feel the need to talk.  Yeah.  That's what it's like.  Satisfaction.

The weather is changing and winter is letting us know it's nearby and that's alright... just means that spring is next.



One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything.




Georg C. Lichtenberg

1 comment:

Smarts said...

Please write again soon! You make nice words. :-)