Search This Blog

04 January 2010

A New Sound

Peter got me an ipod for Christmas.  I've never had one... an mp3 player or anything.  I used to have a discman with antiskip, but that was about as technologically advanced as I had ever been.  It's pink and little and perfect.  Once upon a time I used to crave music.  It was far more life sustaining than television or really, anything.  It kept me sane and drove with me into the next moment of life because my playlists were my own and for my ears only.  I used to love my long drives.. their necesities in my life were also my escape because my stereo was loud and I could sing along if I wanted or enjoy the comfort of soft sounds.  But now my life is busy.  There are toddlers and husbands and infants that require from me to not have my music loud and alone.  And I'm ok with that, didn't know I had missed it in fact.  Until now.  And somehow, sitting here, plugged in to only me and my choices, I feel like once again I have found me... which is particularly nice since I wasn't really looking or missing.



Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter -- to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

Albert Schweitzer

No comments: