Search This Blog

19 January 2012

Life has been fairly big as of late. Epic proportions here and there, turning things on their side that you didn't really think turnable. And as usual, time has grabbed the hand of Life and has pulled it into fast forward. Shit.

I've been a terrible blogger for really, really, the past two years. Writing has always been cathartic for me, helping me sort out my life and times,to measure them into some sort of reality or fiction. And I have not been putting in the time or effort that it requires. Many times I have sat down to work through, something about motherhood or wifehood (??!!) or losing Andrea-hood, and suddenly I stop up short because all I have written was "i wasn't planning on any of this and holy shit here it is and now I'm supposed to deal with it and make it into something spectacular." And let's face it, I'm pretty terrible at it. But it's the I'm-pretty-terrible-at-it-but-really-i'm-ok-with-it-all.

So why am I sitting down thinking about this all now when it's 1am and the realtor is coming at 1130am to list our house and I still have 3 walls left to paint?? Why not. It's just one of those nights I need to sort out.

To get the whole picture, right now I manage a restaurant. WIth this position comes both the good and the bad. The good in seeing people happy and getting things done and what they want, the bad in that sometimes you have to tell people that perhaps, maybe, well, this isn't really their thing. Three weeks ago I talked to a young man about his working as a server and how it wasn't really working out. He asked me why it wasn't and for the simple fact that I lacked a tactful way of telling him, I simply told him he was terrible. Because he was. And let's face it, no one really likes to pull punches or walk around the proverbial bush. So tonight, said fellow dropped by to talk. He had a big decision to make and was struggling with the why's and how's and oh shits of how to make it. He was concerned that he was wound a bit to the point of being uptight (to which I laughed a good solid minute to and said "ya think?")and that the decision he really wanted to make was the one that would throw him off his predetermined plan. So we chatted and he said he always appreciated my honesty (pleasant surprise!) and that he wanted to know what my life has been like up until this point. And when I thought about it, it had been nothing like I had expected (because I"m not much of a planner) but filled to overflowing with things that I never regretted, which included good and bad. An hour later he said "I think I've made my decision". I asked him how he felt. He said, "light".

About a half an hour later, my phone rang and it was a voice I hadn't heard in years. It was a comforting voice... like when you find your old favourite pair of shoes from 10 years ago and all the amazing memories of the places they took you come flooding back. But when you actually try them on again, they just don't fit the same. Said voice told me they always loved me and that they were dying. I told the voice he was full of shit and he said he knew that, but it didn't change the fact that his time would be up sooner than later. So we chatted. We chatted about where we both were in life and if it had taken us where we had planned or strived or fell into without thinking. He said he wished it had worked for us, and while I was sad for him, I was glad for me in the fact that it hadn't. He told me I could come back to him anytime. I told him I appreciated the offer, but that I was pretty content right where I am. I wished him well and that he slept soundly and had good dreams. And hoped that tomorrow would hold more answers and that he sat in the sunshine because it's good for the soul. And that even though I don't believe I'm heard most of the time, that I would pray for him. And I hung up the phone with no longings for times long past.

I came home and fixed the dog's bed. I checked on my babies. I listened to my husband snore. And the only thing that I could really come to terms with was that you know, even with all the shit that's come and gone and the hard times and moments where you wish you could be anywhere but here, there are more moments of utter peace and contentment where I look around me and think you know, I would do this again in a heartbeat.

8 comments:

amybolsas5 said...

burberry bolsas
chanel bolsas
chloe bolsas
porte cles louis vuitton
boucle chanel
dior bolsas
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac guess
sac guess 2012
sac gucci
tee shirts armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts chanel femmes
sac guess
dolce gabbana bolsas
ed hardy bolsas
fendi bolsas
gucci bolsas
guess bolsas
dior tasche
sac a main
tee shirts
ceinture en cuir
jeans
lunettes de soleil
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
chaussures louis vuitton
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton

lavinasmith01 said...

Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......

Please visit om these keywords :-- led lights | led light bulbs | led lighting | led downlights | modern light switches Designer light switches | Glass light switches | wireless light switch | hotel light switches | audio system | switches and sockets | remote switches | dimmer switches | screwless light switch | touch dimmer | rocker light switches | plug sockets | remote light switch | light switches | Touch light switches

My Juice Bar said...

Keep on writing:D

123 said...



Your Shoes with red bottom signature coffer from the a lot of fuckable footwear,if youre reviewing any blooming shoes or boots,it is accessible to analyze in fact Red Sole Shoes as ablebodied as an added variation.Brand name sneakers,accomplish shoes and boots on the internet youll be tracked down,which can be hot,gorgeous, Red Bottom Shoes for women as ablebodied as activity.In just the achieve annihilation at all can beat sandals.Sandals assuredly can be a anniversary and every day put on goods.Heading out for looking,alone just blind out with buddies or whichever the could cause probably,sandals are alone capital accept Red Bottom Pumps for your anniversary day placed on. Buying a absolutely banty blue brace of sandals in the accepted colour like derma adumbration or just a adumbration of amber that complements the pores and derma accent will abetment you brace it after accepting amount what colour Red Bottom Peep Toes bathrobe you appear to be sporting.

sovereignfunding021 said...

Very Useful and interesting Blog. Thnaks for sharing with us.
Please also visit on these hypertext keywords:--- money for settlement | lump sum cash settlement | cash for settlement payment | sell my structured settlements

新月外送茶 said...

性福樂園line:xy1352014
有興趣的哥哥可以加新月賬號哦^^
聯繫方式:即時通:sex13520或xy135201414
SKype:xy1352014 LINE:xy1352014
論壇網址:http://xy135.7788.tw/
部落格:http://xy135201414.blogspot.kr/
性福網頁:http://xy135201414.yolasite.com
鐘點★情人★外送★服務★
服務地區: 台北+台中+高雄+新竹+彰化+南投
服務器時間: 上午12:00~淩晨03:00 ^^左右唷
服務特色: 精心挑選多位年輕動人的優質MM
在累的時候來喝一杯好茶 讓自己的弟弟快樂 讓自己的心理的需求得到滿足!
以親切的態度 溫柔的為你紓解長期累積下來的壓力及勞累
讓你 全 身順體通暢哦 ~
新月鐘點情人外送茶坊貼心的性福~

fifa-coin said...


Far more Skylanders, more issues? Activision won't consider so.Customers whom purchase bodily Skylanders toys in-app will certainly discover digital personality right away, together with the actual physical doll coming afterwards through the mail. This selection just isn't positioned on your os sort of Skylanders Foriegn Patrol.Activision failed to say when Skylanders Cloud Patrol to the Kindle Fire may launch, however announced it'll cost you $1. While announced yesterday during Amazon's press function, the 7-inch Amazon kindle fire High-definition may launch October 18, with the 7.9-inch and 4G versions delivery Late 20.Spartacus Tales, the brand new battling online game determined by Starz's unique tv series, will certainly start as a free-to-play online game upon Xbox 360 system Live Video and Dsi Community next year, publisher Ubisoft released today.

Fifa 15 coins PS

Fifa 15 coins XBOX

kim obenim said...

Offers transportation services from home to home elevator Gebze there are, our company has now opened in Feb çayırova.
Here you get auspicious auspicious to everyone
Our services include:
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
Yahya kaptan evden eve nakliyat
Darıca evden eve nakliyat
Çayirova evden eve nakliyat
Mutlukent evden eve nakliyat
Çayirova evden eve nakliye
Gebze evden eve nakliye
Dilovası evden eve nakliyat
Gebze evden eve nakliyat
evden eve nakliyat
Çayırova evden eve nakliyat
Mutlukent evden eve nakliyat
Mutlukent evden eve nakliyat
They thank you for your time